Following successful previous editions, EHA is organizing the third two day tutorial in close collaboration with the Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine on “Myeloid and Lymphoid Leukemias”.
Goal of the meeting
This two day meeting focuses on the advances in biology, genetic characteristics, diagnostic approaches and therapy of leukemias.
Hematologists and oncologists, residents in hematology and oncology, laboratory specialists (cytogenetics, molecular biology).
The following topics will be covered:
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Acute myeloid leukemia
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia
- Rare myeloid leukemias
- Secondary leukemias
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Rare lymphoid leukemias
After attending this meeting, the participant will be able to:
- Know current management of chronic phase CML (including sequential use of imatinib and newer-generation TKIs and evolving strategies like TKI discontinuation), management of acceleration and blast transformation of CML.
- Review current targeted therapies used in patients with acute leukemias based on genetic and epigenetic profile of the leukemic cells, know how to manage patients relapsed after allogeneic stem cell transplantation
- Enhance their knowledge on the approach to lymphoid leukemias treatment in the era of novel targeted therapies including immunotherapy strategies (monoclonal antibodies, CAR T cells) and small molecules (BCR inhibitors, Bcl-2 antagonists, BRAF inhibiton).
- Know current indications to allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with leukemias.
- Be updated on the challenges and current paradigms in the management of elderly patients with leukemias.
Registration for the EHA-PTHiT Hematology Tutorial on on Myeloid and Lymphoid Leukemias is open. Benefit from the early registration fee by registering before August 31, 2018; 23:59 CEST!
For more information about registration and to register, click here.
Novotel Warszawa Centrum Hotel